The Brookhaven Arts and Humanities Council is pleased to announce a wonderful opportunity for our membership. Beginning in July 2009 the Phoenix Gallery of Bellport will be run as a cooperative gallery under the management of the BAHC.
BAHC members are invited to visit the Phoenix Gallery and consider joining the current members of the cooperative to hang work there on a regular basis. Once the current Phoenix members have had a chance to renew, membership will be available for BAHC members to sign up on a monthly, bi-monthly, semi- annual or yearly basis and will be open to our membership on a first come first served basis.
The BAHC plans to maintain an office at the Phoenix Gallery and to keep the gallery open Wednesday through Friday from 11am to 5pm and weekends until 7pm. In addition, the BAHC will hold workshops, classes and musical events at the gallery both during the week and on some weekend evenings.
The Phoenix Gallery will not replace our current gallery at Bald Hill, but we hope that it will become an integral part of our visual arts program.
For further information, please contact the BAHC office at 451-9070.
Jumping right in...
Calling all artists! We want you to be a part of our inagural show!
Wed. – Sun. 11 to 5
Fri. and Sat. 11 to 7
New Beginnings June 23 - July 19, 2009
This exhibit celebrates the Phoenix Gallery’s New Beginning with the Brookhaven Arts and Humanities Council. Open to all artists working in traditional fine arts. Two dimensional work only for this exhibit. No crafts or jewelry.
RECEIVING: Saturday, June 20th from 12- 3 pm
RECEPTION: Sunday, June 28th from 1 – 3 pm
PICK UP: Sunday, July 19th from 12 – 3 pm
1. All work must be original and not been previously exhibited in this gallery.
2. All work must be properly presented for exhibition, wired and ready to hang. No saw teeth.
3. Gallery or Museum wrapped canvas is OK if no staples show.
4. All work must be identified with the Artist’s name, title of work, medium and price on the back.
5. ALL WORK MUST BE FOR SALE: The Gallery collects a 40% commission on all sales from this exhibit. (25% for members)
6. All work must be brought in at the time of registration and NO EARLY BREAKDOWNS.
7. Entry fee: $20.00 per piece, maximum of 3 pieces. Maximum image size 24 x 36”
8. ALL WORK MUST BE REMOVED FROM THE GALLERY BY SUNDAY July 19th 2009.
The BAHC reserves the right to refuse work that is poorly presented (framed) or is objectionable or otherwise unsuitable for exhibition in the local market. The BAHC will handle all work with care, however cannot be held responsible for loss or damage.
For an entry form, please email the BAHC at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an e-copy, or call 451-9070 to have one mailed to you.